domingo, 20 de fevereiro de 2011

Na idade dos porquês!

    Já lá vão uns anos... quase vinte...

     Na altura (corria o ano de 1992), a voz da escocesa Annie Lennox fazia o furor das discotecas e da rádio, em ritmo de 'slow' ou balada.

Vídeo oficial de "Why"

      WHY

    How many times do I have to try to tell you
   That I'm sorry for the things I've done
   

    But when I start to try to tell you
   That's when you have to tell me
   Hey, this kind of trouble's only just begun
    I tell myself too many times
   Why don't you ever learn to keep your big mouth shut
   That's why it hurts so bad to hear the words
   That keep on falling from your mouth
   Falling from your mouth
   Falling from your mouth
   Tell me...
   Why
   Why
   I may be mad
   I may be blind
   I may be viciously unkind
   But I can still read what you're thinking
   
   And I've heard it said too many times
   That you'd be better off
   Besides...
   Why can't you see this boat is sinking
   Let's go down to the water's edge
   And we can cast away those doubts
   Some things are better left unsaid
   But they still turn me inside out
   Turning inside out turning inside out
   Tell me...
    Why... Tell me...
    Why...

    This is the book I never read
    These are the words I never said
    This is the path I'll never tread
    These are the dreams I'll dream instead
    This is the joy that's seldom spread
    These are the tears...
    The tears we shed
    This is the fear
    This is the dread
    These are the contents of my head
    And these are the years that we have spent
    And this is what they represent
    And this is how I feel
    Do you know how I feel?
    'Cause I don't think you know how I feel
    I don't think you know what I feel
    I don't think you know what I feel
    You don't know what I feel


     Hoje letra e melodia fazem parte de uma memória que alguém me fez (re)lembrar. Seja em versão discográfica e vídeo (com todas as técnicas de apuro) seja ao vivo (com a emoção do que é cantado e por quem canta), esta é das mais bonitas melodias de sempre:

Versão ao vivo, com tradução da letra da canção "Why"

    Um sussurro que, de tão intenso, se ajusta aos sentimentos que cada um só (não) tem: "You don't know what I feel!". 

2 comentários:

  1. Obrigada pelo regresso ao passado, ao tal tempo das discotecas e etc...
    Obrigada pelo reencontro com a Annie. Grande voz!
    Beijinhos e bom fim de semana!
    IA

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Como adoro estes anónimos!
    A 'IA' já não 'vai'? Ainda bem que não deixa de se movimentar nesta carruagem!
    Beijo, amiga, e, à maneira do nosso caro amigo do "paraíso", bfs.

    ResponderEliminar